As a Hopeful Bears Fan loyal reader, there are a few things you have come to expect from me. I will post the Bears playoff chances every week. I’ll post the “Sidebar of the Week” about every month. And I’ll pick the Bears to win. Well, this week is the first week that I am tempted to buck that trend and pick a Bears loss. This is due to:
- The aforementioned Joe Montanability of Tom Brady, in that he is one of the smartest players in the NFL and knows the Patriots offense COLD.
- The fact that the Patriots have a +14 turnover ratio, and the Bears defense thrives on takeaways.
- Tom Brady, unlike a lot of other quarterbacks, will have the patience to take the 4-8 yards the Bears allow on a regular basis through short passes all the way down the field.
- Bill Belicheck. Nuff said.
Well, maybe not nuff said. I can’t, in good conscience, pick against the Bears. I’m sorry, I just can’t do it, it would be going against my namesake and my nature, so it ain’t gonna happen. So, here is why they can and will win this game:
- Two factors that have nothing to do with either team–the schedule makers and Old Man Winter. This is a home game for the Bears and the weather is looking downright evil (15 degrees, 40 mph winds, snow). I know that both teams come from cold-weather environments, but the Bears team is better suited for a bad-weather game because they rely on their defense and special teams. Also, the Bears have a better running game right now and have the horses to pound the rock all game with Matt Forte and Chester Taylor.
- Jay Cutler is riding high right now, and the Bears have been mastering their short, quick passes lately. These will be needed in the aforementioned bad weather as well as if the Patriots decide to blitz.
- Devin Hester almost broke another return for a touchdown last game.
- The Patriots are near the bottom of the league in defense, and have no dominant pass-rushers. This means that the Patriots will not be able to take full advantage of the Bears weakness (Offensive Line).
Prediction: Bears 20 — New England 17 (And all the Bears fans at Soldier will feel as if it is 70 degrees outside–with some help from their flasks of course)
No related posts.